I have been really excited to see so much development in the HTML5 arena. One of the things that excites me is the simplicity of it on the code end. Now, that’s likely on the surface. I am sure the code isn’t that easy, but the idea that we can make more beautiful websites, more functional websites without the need to extra programming a la Flash is the way it should go. I imagine it will open the door for the future. Check out this presentation originally created by Marcin Wichary and modified by Ernest Delgado.
The 5S Method Keeps Clean, Lean Order at Your Workspace – Efficiency – Lifehacker.
It was a funny day when I found this article. I was listening to This American Life‘s story on NUMMI and then I logged onto Google Reader to see this on Lifehacker. It’s important to keep your workspace in order and, for some of us, it’s a work in progress. At any point my desk is a disaster but, at a certain point, it is overwhelming. Should’ve looked up this article first.
In my Twitter feed this morning from Morguefile was this list of 35 Best Inspirational Websites For Logo Design. Check it out!
For those of you not in the know, I am beginning the process of dedicating my life to the Buddhist path. There’s a difference it seems in being a Buddhist and living as a Buddhist. Although I am not officially Buddhistical, I do live my life accordingly.
At my temple and at many others, the process is known as Precept-Taking. It is a process that begins with reflection, humility and prostrations. Lots of them. So in addition to living it, there are weekly meetings — one week, one precept. They are:
- Do not harm, but cherish all life.
- Do not take what is not given, but respect the things of others.
- Do not engage in sexual promiscuity, but practice purity of mind and self-restraint.
- Do not lie, but only speak the truth.
- Do not partake in the production and trading of firearms and chemical poisons.
- Do not waste, but conserve energy and natural resources.
- Do not harbor enmity against the wrongs of others, but promote peace and justice through non-violent means.
- Do not cling to things that belong to you, but practice generosity and the joy of sharing.
I want this at work. And on the upstairs for all the world to see. A coworker shared this with me a while ago. The Panic Status Board is made by the makers of Transmit, my choice in FTP clients for the Mac. This is a great way to share the status of all the ongoing projects. For our environment it’s a great way to set expectations for turnaround times.
I enjoy the nerdiness of science and can actually understand the periodic table. But this one is unique in that keaggy.com’s Periodic Table truly possess the elements for a good life. Check it out.